Monday, September 6, 2010

The teething child

It's funny how some kids breeze right through teething (ie- my twins) while others seem to suffer (ie- my son). And for those kids that suffer, they can really suffer.
My son, Kallen, made 5 attempts at falling asleep tonight. And so far, he's only been sleeping for 20 minutes. (cross your fingers that he's down for the night)

So what are we to do? My husband is a "fix-it" type of guy and sometimes wants a solution for ailments, aches, and pains.
I know how he feels and we have to remind ourselves that teething is simply a part of life. We can't "fix" it, but we can help to ease the transition.
My favorite remedies are Hyland's Teething Tablets (can purchase at Walgreen's or Azurestandard.com) and Gum-omile (can purchase at Yost Chiropractic or Campbell's).
These are simple but effective and definitely take the edge off.
Remember, that some of the best "remedies" simply lie in spending time with your child. Holding them, rocking them, reassuring them that they are safe...... and that we are here, on this journey with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment